The Carpenter's Girl

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Vienna Night Run



Run, run, run! My second-ever race took place at night...doesn't seem too safe to be running through the crowded streets of Vienna with only street lamps to guide you, but
I did it, and it was great fun! We ran the 5K race through some of the most beautiful parts of downtown Vienna, starting and ending at the Rathaus (city hall), which is my favorite building in the city. Some of my favorite people were running with me, which always adds to the enjoyment (Leslie is in the picture with me, and the other runners are Matt, Melissa, Cindi, and Pearl). But my favorite part of the race was the running shirt that came with registration. :) It's really nice! Plus it has "Vienna Night Run" written on it, so it's a good souvenir too!
Running has become one of my favorite hobbies....and you never would have thought so if you knew me at all in the past! It started this spring with the Frauenlauf (Women's Run), which is a great way to ease into the world of running - it's only 4K (about 2 miles). So I started training with my roommate Elizabeth, who, up till then, had shared my opinion that the only time you should run is when you're afraid for your life. But we both really started enjoying it, so we've both kept it up since the race, and hopefully will continue for a while longer still. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home