The Carpenter's Girl

Sunday, April 30, 2006

At the Park...





Ahh, Another beautiful day in Vienna...I had given piano lessons to Jemima and Nathaniel, a brother and sister from England, and took them over to the park down the road to meet up with their mom and younger sister Christina (who is in my class). Now, I really didn't have to go with them - around here people just let their kids walk around alone, or even ride the public transportation alone! I guess it must be safe or something... Anyway, the real reason I went was to see Rithika, a wonderful Indian girl who just recently was pulled from our school. She was supposed to visit her grandparents in India but she convinced her parents to let her stay in Vienna (she's got a head of her own!). When I first saw her, she bolted towards me, arms outstreched, yelling: "Ms. O'Day!!! Ms. O'Day! I do not know you are coming here today!!!!" It was such a blessing to see her again. The first thing she asked was what we learned in Bible that day at school - wow. How humbing to know that God speaks through even me, a broken vessel, to reach His children. She really loves Jesus.
We had fun taking pictures of each other - I even let the kids use my digital camera! I'm pretty impressed - we may have some future photographers on our hands!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Great pics, Bek. Very cool to hear about the girl. Those kids look great- so full of life. You look pretty happy too :)

    By Blogger e-jamie, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home