The Carpenter's Girl

Friday, April 10, 2009

Read Read Read!

The Annual VCS Elementary Book Month just finished - it's my favorite month of the school year. The kids are SO excited to read because of the great incentives that our wonderfully creative librarian comes up with: Battle of the Books, The P-3 Reading Race, and Book Character Costume Day, for starters. My class won the Reading Race this year, for the second year in a row! They were so excited and received the delicious prize of a class pizza party!


The whole elementary school participates in the Book Character Costume Day, and it's amazing to see all the crazy, creative, often over-the-top costumes they and their parents come up with! My class trumped the rest of the school yet again with this competition - kids from my class won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize for best costume!


Here are the winners and their costumes. I love my kiddos!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home