The Carpenter's Girl

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Gettin' my stuff...

Well, here I am, back in the US for good! At least, for now. :) Among a myriad of other details related to my transition back to the states, I had to make a plan for shipping all my things from Vienna to Chicago....not a cheap endeavor, let me tell you!
I looked into many options, and the direct shipping prices were, in short, through the roof. I was overwhelmed with the potential cost, and considered just selling all my books, clothes, etc. and buying new ones in the states! Thankfully, a missionary family that has their kids at VCS put me in contact with a couple who was moving back to the states from Austria after many years of church planting. To make a long story short, I was able to share the container they were using to ship their belongings back, for much less than any other option. Praise the Lord!
The only problem was that they lived two hours south of Vienna and were moving to Colorado. Hmmm...
God continued to provide what I needed: the parents of one of my students lent me their minivan to drive my boxes to the container, and wouldn't even take money for the gas!
Then one of my good friends from Vienna, Becca, has moved back to the states and grew up in Colorado. So I drove down to her place in Missouri and we drove my parents' van out to Colorado together. It was such a blessing to have that time with her to catch up after a year!
Plus, we got to see a couple other VCS teachers, Amanda and Carrie, who live in the area. We went hiking at the Garden of the Gods outside Colorado Springs. Lots
of red rocks around there!


It was a wonderful trip, even though I had to drive so far. :) And no
w all my possessions are in one place! (Well, at least in one state.....)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home