The Carpenter's Girl

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Primary class...Second grade...



My class over this past year has been such a blessing! These young children have taught me so much about love, service and self-sacrifice, of exploration and investigation, of joy and hope and peace, of child-like faith in our Father God. They have been an absolute joy to teach, and they have reminded me of why I love to teach Kindergarten (AKA Primary Class) so much. They are so full of life and curiosity, of excitement about their world, of trust in God and in others. I am going to miss teaching this class, as well as teaching a new kindergarten class next year.
Due to lack of teaching staff for this coming school year, VCS is closing the Kindergarten program temporarily (only for the year) and I will be teaching second grade. It's a big jump for me, full of challenges and the unknown, two things that I have learned to expect in life - they are fool-proof ways for God to get our attention and make us realize that we actually do need Him! I'm trusting Him to give me the strength to do this new job well, and love those second-graders as Jesus loves them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home